Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just an update

Nate and I are finally a two car family once again.  After being a one car family for the last three years, we finally purchased  another Honda Accord for Nate to drive around.  I am so excited I really can hardly contain myself.  We had only had one car for so long I forgot what it felt like to not have to coordinate schedules and errands with meetings and church events.  Not to mention, I will never be stranded at home again!!
Now, I must speak on the positive side of things lest I get an earful from my husband.  We did really well only having one car.  I didn't know how we were possibly going to do it at first, but once we decided it was what we needed to do. . we just did it.  It wasn't until the last few weeks when I really started to feel it as an inconvenience.  And that was probably just because I knew we had enough saved to buy another car so what were we waiting for?  I must also say that it feels great to have been able to save and pay cash for a car and have two cars with NO PAYMENTS!!  Thanks Dave Ramsey (can you sense the slight tongue in cheek quality of that last statement?) 
Looking forward to Thanksgiving!!! Can't believe it's next week.  

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Yay! Two cars! We did that forever too, it was really hard and frustrating at times, but it really makes you appreciate when you do have 2 cars, wahoo!

Monahan said...

yeah for Dave Ramsey...we are big believers...the sacrifices seem huge at first but the rewards are so liberating...who ever new the joy that could come from saving and paying cash for something...I especially love the shock and awe on the faces of those when you decline the "Free Financing"...see you in a week????

Kelly said...

Hey, I don't know if you talked to RaChelle, but they are now home! Call her and I know she would love to hear from you, if you haven't already...

love you guys and happy Thanksgiving!

Tremaine Family said...

Wow! Two cars. What I would give to have another car. This year I hope! It has been so nice to see Nate at church, sure do miss you by his side. Your kids are so cute. I hope you have had a chance to see my little miracle. Check my blog out if you have not! http://tremainefamily.blogspot.com/ I would love to hear from you! Your family always has a special place in my heart! How is your sister and Lance?

Stephanie said...

Hi, I will remind the Bethel girls of the cookie exchange on Tuesday. Thanks for the reminder! Congrats on the 2 car family again! I couldn't imagine life without a car. You are definitely a better wife/mom/person than I would be.

Unknown said...

hi melissa! so good to see you, nate, addy, and stephen! i love seeing pictures of your two... : )

oh ps. honda's rock. the end.

Kristen said...

that is impressive to go with only one vehicle for three years - wow!

congratulations on your second car purchase! that is so exciting.

we are just finishing up with financial peace university - tonight is our last class. it has been great for us and definitely life changing in some areas. it is great to hear the success and victory stories.