Thursday, November 06, 2008

So I really decided i was NOT going to post anything political on my blog. I am so frustrated with all the chatter, I really could explode. However, I have been so heartbroken to see lovers of Jesus Christ divided on issues that the God both sides believe in is in total control over that I was just seeking wisdom and guidance and really somone who understood that our biggest fear should not be who is president, but that Satan will succeed in dividing the church over who is president! Satan wins when we, the church, are divided. That's when I came across this post by Beth Moore on her Living Proof Ministries blog and it put my heart's cry into words perfectly, so I wanted to share it.

"To my beloved Sisters who I esteem so highly and consistently find to be part of the solution to our problems in the Church rather than the cause,
Please join me in praying for our President-elect Barack Obama, his wife Michelle, and his precious daughters, Sasha and Malia. Go with me before the Throne of our sovereign God and ask Him to grant wisdom from above to President-elect Obama and the indwelling presence and power of Jesus Christ. In the words of the Apostle Paul, "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone - for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior..."Please also join me in the active and deliberate pursuit of unity and purity in the Body of Christ at this historical time in our country. I implore you in Jesus' Name to have zero tolerance for prejudice whether it is regarding party-affiliation, color (whether you are Black, White, or Brown), economics or the like. Disagreement is not sin. Prejudice is. Satan has plotted events and planted attitudes that, should he be successful, will result in havoc. We must not stand for his schemes or cooperate in a single way. We would severely displease God and invite untold chastisement upon Christ's Church in our nation. Speak clearly to your children and graciously but emphatically draw a line in your work places and social circles regarding your stand against prejudice of any kind."Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, 'Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.'" (Matthew 12:25) A united house stands. A divided house falls. The devil has much to gain. But he also has much to lose.We are the Body of Jesus Christ and we have an opportunity to show His character. This is our watch. We stand for what is right not from our feet but from our knees. Shoulder to shoulder, Dear Sisters. Let's leave not one inch for the enemy to come between us."Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the Lord and serve Him shoulder to shoulder." Zephaniah 3:9 " End Quote.

AMEN and AMEN

Melissa

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Melissa! That was awesome thank you for sharing! Amen and AMEN to that!

You asked about my not-so-hot but going-to-be-hot bod (he he)? Well, i am working out like a crazy girl, i do a lifting class 4 days a week, then zumba 2 days a week, then a hip hop and a cycle class 1 day a week...so let me count...thats 8 hours in the gym a week, then eating 1500 or less calories a day...then running around playing with the babes! it's some commitment and hard work, but if i continue i know it will produce the result i want! Can you believe we're going to be 30??? it's just not allowed!

Peace out Sista!

(Hey another thing that we're doing this week starting Sunday, as a church we're going the daniel fast, do it with us if you want, read about it at www.seekreallife.com and we also have daily devotionals from people from our church that you can check out it goes until thanksgiving.)

Connie said...

I am proud of you . . . and I have been convicted in my heart. You are right . . .God is in control no matter who is president.
Thank you for sharing the wisdom of Beth Moore . . . and your own wisdom . . . I LOVEYOU!!

Christie said...

Hey Melissa,

Thanks for taking the time to post that. I felt so overwhelmed and just couldn't wait for the elections to be over. There were so many conflicting reports about everything and everyone that I was left feeling totally confused, yet totally responsible to make good choices. All in All God is in control no matter who is president and that is what I am holding onto!

Miss you!