Thursday, October 23, 2008


OH THE JOYS OF POTTY TRAINING!!!

As many of you know, Nate and I have been trying to potty train our little (and yet NOT SO LITTLE) Addy since last May. Yeah, you read that right! And don't judge me. :) Now, please trust me when I say we have tried everything. Stamp reward charts (thank you Anna, I will get those back to you someday), Candy reward jars, running around naked (yeah for poop on hardwood!), a toy reward basket full of dollar store toys, negative reinforcement (use your imagination), you name it. Which brings us to this picture of my wonderful and so supportive husband sitting in front of Addy literally begging her to poop (she has pee down pat). When the begging didn't work he literally started singing a song (harkening back to his days with Liberty Boys) to the tune of the wonderful southern gospel classic Ride That Glory Train that went like this. . .
Push that poopy out
Push that poopy out
Push that poopy out
PUSH IT OUT! I'm gonna push that poopy out, I'm gonna push push push that poopy out!
Yeah there are verses, but I can't remember them. Let's just say we were both laughing hysterically by the end and . . . no, she didn't push it out!
Again, don't judge us. There is no manual for this stuff. I have learned there are three things we cannot MAKE our kids do.
1). EAT. They will eventually, but it won't be because I made them, it's cause they're starving!!!
2). SLEEP. I can rock 'em,walk 'em, drug 'em (just kidding), but I can't make them sleep.
3). POOP (on the potty that is).

List to be ammended I am sure!

Love, Love, Love
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tremaine Family said...

No judgment here Anthony was almost 5 when he finally was convinced that the potty was where to go!!! Use your imagination. Love ya and praying!

Kelly said...

that is so funny! i can't believe we have the same issue with our kids! i thought peeing would be way harder than pooping, with pooping you know its coming, right? i guess not! also, hi to you too! sounds like you are doing really well too! i'm looking forward to reading more posts!

Carly said...

Hey Melissa!
SO glad that I found your family blog once again! Your kids are getting so big...and your hair is SO cute! I hope you are all well and will enjoy catching up on all your happenings!

Christie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! How can the simplest things of life be soooooo maddening! All I can say is that it does eventually end. They are all so different and you're right.....you cannot force it (and not get sent to jail anyway).

Tell Nate I got a good laugh out of his "Push that poopy out" song! That is especially funny when you know the original version!