Tuesday, February 12, 2008


Sprinkles on Rodeo Drive
GOOD FRIENDS, GOOD FOOD, GOOD TIMES!
Georges on the water

At the zoo

Tacos in the fashion district

Just playing in the fountain!

Over President's weekend, as is customary, my girlfriends from college and I got together for some fun times. The perk this year was that we got to be together for almost 5 days and we were in CALIFORNIA! We had such a good time. Some highlights:
*We went to Rodeo Drive one day. Now you might think "Wow, Rodeo Drive! Sounds classy. What did you buy? What could you possible afford?" Well, this is what I love about my friends. We were there with a mission. We were focused on that mission and would not be deterred. We walked right past the Coach store, Gucci, Louie (whatever his fancy pants shoes last name is), and more. Our destination? A little brown door with the word Sprinkles written in the cutest font you ever did see. What did we purchase? The most delicious little cupcake you could imagine. Now I know $4.00 is a bit steep for a cupcake, but let me assure you. . .not this cupcake. And apparently we are not the only ones who think so since we had to wait 45 min. in line to get one.

*We also went to LA to the fabric and fashion districts. Anna and Kori bought a lot of fabric for their business and Andrea, RaChelle, and myself bought tacos and pop in a bottle (as pictured above). All in all a great time.

*On Sunday we went to the San Diego zoo. It was amazing. I have some pictures of the animals, maybe i will post them later. I missed my kids that day. They would have loved all the animals.

* Andrea also took us to a place called George's on La Jolla beach. It is a little resaurant on the roof of another restaurant and it overlooks the ocean. There is a picture above. That was amazing. . .the food, the view, the company. Awesome.

So all in all it was just about as perfect as a weekend can get. I really realized how blessed I am to have such amazing friends who love me for me (God bless them) and a husband who is willing to take care of our kids by himself for almost five days so I can have some time away to rejuvinate. Can't wait for next year!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Honey~ you and your friends are aboslutely DARLING!! It was so fun to talk to you on your trip and hear about all the fun places you got to go. I could HEAR the "hppiness" in your voice!! I am so glad that you and your friends have kept up this tradition! Keep it up !!
Love you ~ mom