Sunday, November 25, 2007





I am officially a redneck. But if that is what I have to be to enjoy almost 5 days without my kids and with my family in sunny Pheonix Arizona then redneck it is. Over Veteran's Day weekend Nate and I, Jayme and Lance, Keith and Karrie, and Mom and Jerry went down to Pheonix to watch a NASCAR race. Let me sum up.. .
If going to a NASCAR race wasn't redneck enough we all hopped into the bed of a pick up truck and rode the half mile from our parking spot to the stadium. My comment once we arrived? "oh man, now my hair is a mess" I know, I know, I'm working on it!
We arrived at the stadium at approximately 8:30 am for a 2:00pm race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!What do you do at a race for that long? I don't know what the guys did but we women, we people watched. Good times!
My husband proceeded to wear the God awful bright yellow ear phones he rented to hear converstations between drivers and their crew chiefs during the race ALL DAY!! Even before the drivers had begun talking. (Earphones featured in second picture where my husband can also be found playing a race simulation game that he won a number of times but was all but kicked off the game because, well, it was someone elses turn. Afterall, it had been an hour.
The strange looking guy (sorry babe) in the last picture is none other than Greg Biffle. Vancouver grown NASCAR driver and nate's hero. nate was able to get his autograph but not a picture with him. Biffle did come in second in the race, so that was fun.
Please have no fears the weekend was not a total waste of time. We got to spend good time together as a family not at the race. We enjoyed good food, family time and lots of laughs. Oh yeah, and of course there was shopping..lots and lots of shopping.
Thanks mom, Jer, Mott, Lance, K-train, and Karrie for a wonderful weekend. We should definitely do it again. . . .I hear there is good shopping and maybe a little race in Daytona!

2 comments:

RaChelle and Paul said...

Love the pictures - and love the headphone accessories - Nate wears them well! I am glad that you had a great time Bliss! Thank you for your message yesterday! Kara and I want to have a "get together" when you and Nate are in town - I will call this weekend. You are the cutest pea farmer ever!:)

Di said...

Great blog you guys! You have the sweetest family and we already love you all very much! We are looking forward to Saturday night. It will be fun to hang out with NO KIDS!!!!!
Di