Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Litte Things
Sometimes it is so easy for me to become overwhelmed with keeping my house clean ( I am not my mother, but at the same time who wants dried Cheerios on their floor?), getting dinner on the table, making sure my husband has clean underwear, making sure I remembered to put on a bra before going out to run errands, keeping the toilet seat down so my son doesn't try to drink the water. . you know, the important stuff. And I forget to slow down and pay attention to all the wonderful little things that I get to experience in my everyday life. This picture captured a moment like that for me. We were just driving down the road and the kids were unusually quiet so I looked in my rearview mirror to see if they had fallen asleep. They hadn't, they were just sitting there looking at each other and holding hands. I took the picture (at a stop light) just as they were letting go and I ask Addy what she was doing and she said "just holding bobo's hand." and when I asked why she said "Because I love him." The little things. You gotta love it.


2 comments:

Connie said...

PRICELESS picture!! I am thankful that you are counting your blessings daily!!
You are an amazing mom . . . and I couldn't be more proud of how you are raising my grandbabies!!

RaChelle and Paul said...

Bliss,
I love all the pictures and updates. You have had a busy month since I last saw you! The kids look amazing - what a great little family you have going:)...maybe you need one more?! KIDDING! Love you.